The COVID-19 pandemic has forced lifestyle changes effecting how we work, travel and even how we interact with one another. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Spring Creek Dental. Our COVID-19 infection control processes and procedures have been developed from evidence based guidelines so that when you receive care, you can be sure that you’ll be safe. Our multi-faceted approach to keeping patients and staff safe include the following:
Spring Creek Dental follows the most current COVID-19 infection prevention and control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Our entire team has completed additional training in the CDC’s Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Settings During the COVID-19 Response as well as a Respiratory Protection Program designed specifically for Spring Creek Dental. In addition, we regularly monitor the health of our staff to limit the transmission of COVID-19.
We have invested in technology such as ancillary high-speed evacuation equipment and non-chemical air disinfection units to reduce and eliminate potentially harmful aerosols. In addition, we have updated our HVAC system to idealize air exchanges per hour and and installed Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) technology which has been shown in studies to be 99.9% effective in the sterilization of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in 30 seconds.
You may also notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you do not arrive early for your appointment. When you arrive at the office please wait in your car and call the office at 715-381-9710 to confirm that we are ready for you. Our staff may also call you to confirm that they are ready for you.
- We will be unable to accommodate you if you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment due to required infection control practices for room disinfection. The $75 missed appointment fee will apply.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We are requiring all patients ages 10 and over to wear masks upon entry and exiting the facility (in the reception area). If you do not have a mask you will be required to purchase one for $1. All money collected will be donated to charities working to help with COVID-19 relief.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- Only the patient should come into the office unless you are a minor, others should wait outside or in their car.
- As per our routine assessment protocols, we will take temperature readings on all patients before performing dental procedures.
- You will notice our staff wearing significantly more PPE during your visit. During all aerosol generating procedures staff are now required to don full face shields, hair protection, N95 respirators and isolation gowns or single use scrub tops.
- We understand everyone has been affected financially from this unfortunate pandemic. With the new standards set forth by the CDC, OSHA and the ADA in regards to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), we have seen a significant increase in cost of these supplies. We have decided to add a PPE surcharge of $10 for all appointments. Keeping your financial situation in mind, we are only charging a fraction of the actual increased costs. This fee is covered by some but not all insurances. We will bill your insurance and if it is not covered you will be responsible for the fee. We will continue to adjust costs and fees for PPE as the pandemic evolves.
- To keep our staff comfortable under all that extra PPE, we will be keeping the clinical areas cooler than normal. Please bring an extra layer of clothing with you if you anticipate that you may be chilled during your visit.
- You may notice some changes to our schedule. Please see our website for more details: www.springcreekdental.net/contact These changes were made for the health and safety of our staff to avoid PPE heat stress by allowing adequate periodic rest and an opportunity to re-hydrate.
- As an extra added safety measure and to allow more time for room disinfection, we are spreading out our appointments and scheduling extra time for each procedure.
We ask for your patience and support as we implement these new systems so we can keep you, your family and our staff safe during this time. We will never compromise when it comes to your health and safety. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns or feedback. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!